6/16/2010

about Sae's graduation work

title: PERSON PASSON

concept:
Chinese whisper is a good metaphor of a relationship between artworks and spectators. We can never message our own thoughts well to others. But also we can never know if the message went to correctly or wrongly. So artists make a work, and people feel/ understand something from the work in each different way. This time I just made this metaphor happening in one simple physical way. However like I said, even this work it-self could have misunderstanding like Chinese whisper.

the way:
I ask audiences to copy one sentence on a paper by their hand writing. I continue this asking to audiences as many as possible. The audiences copy not same text. They have to copy the copy text of last audience. So the sentence looks will be change a little and a little. Thus in the end of my exhibition, the text might be really different visual as the original sentence. And I hang all of papers in my exhibition space and everyday upload all photo of papers on this blog.
The original text is in Japanese [気持ちってなかなかうまく伝わらないものね (It is rather not easy to convey own feelings well)]

No comments:

Post a Comment